HHAs perform almost similar tasks to regular nurses, though they go a step beyond in the patient care. This means that they are a very vital part of the healthcare team.
Some Home health aide tasks may include:
* Assisting the patient with brushing teeth, bathing, and dressing.
* Clean up activities of clothes or tools that a patient needs for their healing process.
* Qualified home health aides are allowed to monitor their patients’ vital signs.
* Report client healing progress to the medical practitioner in charge of the patient.
* Keeping them safe within their home and keeping them company. It is providing patients with hand-on care, but with a personal touch.
So there you have it. If being a HHA is your calling or you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of the elderly, disabled or those undergoing terminal illness then being a home health aide is something you should consider.